Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Who am I?

Who am I?

I don’t always understand why
I can’t comprehend the reason
But it’s part of life
part of growing, part of getting old
Why are stars so bright
why does the sun shine
Who am i?
Wrapped in mixed emotions and holding down a stomach full of angst
I travel the earth, floating, getting caught in the wind of distraction and appeal
Tripping over and stumbling on every new trend
Slowly losing washing down the deep blues and purples of my identity
In the clouds, my mind races, the race of time and works
Trying to fill the many voids
I wander the nooks of reality
Who am i?
What am i?
Is there some line in this great play that I forgot to act out?
Did miss the flight to nowhere, again?
Did my receipt expire?
I am stuck in the mud, trudging along, swimming at this point, trying to keep my head up for dear life
The weeds are too high and trees too tall
Who am i?
Where am I going?
All I have is blood and bones and a beating heart, yearning
And legs that just want to walk
And fingers that just want to create
And a mind to think.
I don’t seek the king’s riches or all of the awards, but a chance.
A chance to see the path in all of this darkness
To breathe the air everyone else talks about
To take the stage and see myself be myself
Who am i?

No comments:

Post a Comment